Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Utah, 1981 and a very beautiful NYC Spring

I recently received a bunch of very old pictures of me that my G-Ma had in her apartment. This is one of my favorites. Growing up in San Francisco where I never was able to experience seasons, it was always nice to be able to visit relatives in snowy climates.


Here in Manhattan, 27 years later, I love the few days or weeks when one season gradually morphs into the next. I could equate this with my recent existential epiphany about time and progression and change. But right now, at this moment, I am reveling in the beauty of the feeling that spring is in the air. The weather is crisp and mild, the sun is shining, the trees in the park are covered in blossoms and Uggs have given way to Crocs (especially here on the Upper West Side).

an aside - I don't own Crocs nor do I plan on owning Crocs. I'm still reliving my happy memories of youth by busting out the bright plastic jelly sandals.

Manhattan is so beautiful in the Spring. And I love the sky at dusk.



It's been a good week.

No comments: