It feels good to be back in New York. I left Paris at 9am yesterday morning and arrived at JFK at 10:30am. I love how that works. Well, I somewhat love it -- despite the fact that I am beyond exhausted and my body has no idea what time zone it is in. I don't know how business travelers do it.
I love to travel but I also love coming home to New York. Every time the taxi crosses the 59th Street Bridge I am overwhelmed with such a deep sense of calm and comfort.
And now it is soon time (again) for me to take a nap. Got to get up early tomorrow to teach the kiddies.
But first, some thoughts on the French Riviera--
-It's very beautiful
-Some of the tourists who visit there are *not* so beautiful, specifically the two small Italian women I encountered at breakfast every morning who lacked the ability to take a morning shower and wore the same sequined black dresses they apparently wore for 5 nights in a row. I think they may have been part of some casino poker tournament that was going on.
-Someday, I'd like to learn how to play poker (no, that has nothing to do with France)
-Carousels are fun. They are more fun in France.
-My limited ability to parlez francais always seems to be forgotten the second I land in France
I have many other things to write about but I'm woozy.
No comments:
Post a Comment